Open Position as of August 1, 2016:
This is a chance to get real-world experience writing content-rich copy for marketing funnels working with a team.
THIS POSITION IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Have strong writing skills in an online environment
- Are data driven and committed to continuous improvement
- Have experience using online marketing tools and social media platforms
- Are self-directed, a quick learner, and a team player
- Are a college student wishing to develop expertise in digital marketing copywriting
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Writing effective copy for marketing campaigns with measurable calls-to-action that increases engagement over time: emails, landing pages, auto-responders, social media posts, (possibly webinars and videos).
- Proofreading and editing copy
- Curating content for our social media copy
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to do meaningful work for an important cause: closing the gender gap for women and girls in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM)
- The opportunity to join a mission-based organization with a strong focus on online marketing
- The chance to join a dedicated team of positive, motivating, gifted, and caring people who make a positive impact in the lives of others
- Practical, hands-on experience in copywriting, online marketing, and funnel marketing: our interns have gone on to work for Facebook, Adobe, and Wells Fargo
- Hourly stipend and a flexible work environment
- Skilled writer with some experience doing marketing copywriting
- Fluent English speaker with high-level grammar skills
- Tech-savvy, able to find way around an e-marketing programs such as ActiveCampaign, Linked-in, Facebook and Twitter
- Quick study
- Prefer a college student majoring in writing, marketing or communications
COMPENSATION / SCHEDULE / ORGANIZATION:
Starting Salary Range: $12 per hour.
Schedule: 16 hours flexible (Minimum 10) within M-F 8:30-5:30 PT. Location: Onsite in our beautiful Alameda waterfront office. Start date in August (flexible).
Deadline to Apply: ASAP. We will fill this position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Websites: www.iwitts.org * https://www.linkedin.com/in/iwitts
TO APPLY, provide a cover letter in the body of an email which contains the following essentials to jobs[at]iwitts.org:
- Linked-in profile
- Portfolio with samples of marketing copywriting; in-depth emails and landing pages with accompanying open and CTRs if you have them. 2nd best would be blog articles or college papers. Social media copy welcome however in-depth writing pieces are required for consideration.
- Describe your copywriting experience.
- Why do you want to be part of our team?
- # Hours and days you would like to work.
- Full name, email, city currently residing
- How you heard about this internship
- Subject line of your email should read: Digital Copywriter Intern -- your full name -- date