IWITTS helps educators nationwide close the gender gap for women and girls in male-dominated careers -- such as technology, the trades and law enforcement. We also work with employers to assist them in integrating women successfully into their male-dominated workplace. In particular, we have worked extensively with law enforcement agencies.
We offer products and services that help technology and science educators increase the number of women and girls enrolled in their classes and encourage those students to stay enrolled.
- Trainings and technical assistance, both on-site at your location and at IWITTS
- Products, such as role model career videos, posters of women in technology, marketing kits and more
- Proven Practices Collection, including case studies, articles and presentations
- Multi-site national demonstration and research projects, such as our current CalWomenTech Project funded by the National Science Foundation
- National and state policy work
- Year Started: 1994
- Executive Director: Donna Milgram
- National Science Foundation Projects to Date: CalWomenTech (highlighted by NSF in 2009), WomenTech, School-to-Work: Women in Science, Engineering & Math Project
- Key Clients: Career Technical Education Programs, Advanced Technological Education Centers/Projects – National Science Foundation (all clients)
- Address: 1150 Ballena Blvd, Suite 102, Alameda, CA 94501-3682 (additional contact info)